Desigual by Lacroix FW12 Coat /
Frye Shoes/ YSL Muse Bag/ Vintage Necklace
I had never thought there would come the day I’d use the word ‘sex’ on the title of a post, but that is part of the theme of the Desigual Spring Summer 2013 collection. For next season Desigual has entered a new color era using a lot of pastels and showing a more delicate style. I think Desigual is the most summerish brand ever, with the great prints and colors all mixed together.
I know some people find it difficult to style with Desigual because of the mixing of prints and materials they find in a single shirt or skirt, but the secret is getting into your look that single Desigual piece which will stand out. (Check out my look with the Desigual by Lacroix SS12 pants). But the good news for those who are afraid of mix & matching, Desigual Spring Summer 2013 has some great dresses which offer single prints and also has used a lot of monochrome which is one of the trends for next season.
The Desigual SS13 collections:
- Desigual Sex collection: kisses, lips, mouths and hearts prints all over shirts, skirts and dresses with bold colors. The collection has floral backgournds, shiny fabrics like nylon and jacquard andlace-effect prints.
- Desigual Fun collection: embedds the real spirit of Desigual but with softer pastel colors and neon shades. Beading and sequins are highlighted, as well as animal and over-sized prints.
- Desigual Love collection: features ethnic prints and soft tones of sand color.
Desigual collaborations for SS13:
- Desigual by Lacroix: has the same romantic and baroque influence from the French style, just like the Fall Winter 2012/2013 collection. It features vintage tapestries, ethnic prints, London motifs on floaty dresses with geometric shapes, pencil skirts and lightweight coats. I’ve always been a fan of Christian Lacroix, and this ongoing collaboration makes me very happy.
- Desigual Disney . actually this collection is made for grown ups who find Minnie a fashion icon. It features the double length trend with teh shirts being longer on the back than on the front.
- Desigual Inspired by Cirque du Soleil captures the magic of the show transforming it in graphics and prints.
Desigual SS13 Home Collection