In the times of Greek and Roman theater actors wore masks to portray their characters, that is because they hadn’t discovered makeup yet. Nowadays theatrical makeup is an important art form that shapes characters and gives depth to the performance. So it was no surprise when MAC Cosmetics announced last December that it had partnered with La Scala opera house in Milan supporting all the shows with their Pro Team and makeup products. Last night I was invited to attend the Stravinsky Evening conducted by Zubin Mehta and performed on stage from La Scala’s ballet troupe.
How glam should one go for a night at the most famous Italian opera house in the world? I left it to the MAC Cosmetics makeup artist and he came up with this look which is the exact oposite of what I do every day. While my usual makeup is red lips and mascara, here they did a dark smokey eye with browns, gold, and purple and a nude lip. I really loved this makeup look so now I need to learn to do it myself. Fortunately, I took notes of the products used and will start practicing asap.
GET THE LOOK
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in color NC20. This gives a natural light coverage. For more coverage, I’d suggest using MAC Pro Longwear Foundation.
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish used to highlight the center of the face, under the eyes, and the cupid’s bow for a fuller lip effect.
- MAC Liptensity lipstick in color DOE, a creamy neutral brown.
- Get the perfect smokey eye for brunettes with MAC Eye Shadow X9 in Burgundy Times Nine. This eyeshadow palette is my new favorite. I’ve always done a brown only smokey eye, but this time I discovered how some gold and purple add dimension to the look. Let’s call it a 3D smokey eye.
- Blending the eyes with MAC 217 blending brush and sculpting and highlighting with MAC 138 Tapered Face Brush.
- The final touch is given with my favorite mascara MAC Haute & Naughty Too Black Lash that can do both defined lashes from one side and voluminous from the other side.
Stravinsky Evening Teatro alla Scala
Wearing pantsuit by PAROSH
Stravinsky Evening – PETRUŠKA
Stravinsky Evening – LE SACRE DU PRINTEMPS