It’s essential to switch skin care products from season to season because our skin reacts differently to temperatures. In winter we can’t follow our standard beauty routine because we are busy battling dry skin and chapped lips.
Here is a list of winter beauty products that will have you covered.
Winter Beauty Care for Your Hands
- Face D Instant Lifting Hand Cream – Moisturising, lifting and whitening hand cream with hyaluronic acid. They say you can tell your real age from the condition of your hands. Not anymore since this cream acts in keeping your hands young forever. (Exclusive at Sephora)
- Sephora Argan Hand Mask – I’ve been trying all kinds of sheet masks from Sephora and I was missing just the hand mask. It includes 2 gloves that with hydrate your hands and leave them very smooth. Sheet masks are perfect for having your own spa treatments at home.
- Esteé Lauder New Dimension Smooth + Tone Cream Glove is an hydrating hand cream that has the magic power of leaving my hand hydrated even after several washes. Once you apply the hand cream in the morning it infuses the skin with moisture that will last all day.
- Merci Handy Hand Cleansing Gel – This is not just in my bag for winter, I actually have a hand cleansing gel in every bag I own. Merci Handy’s own come in different perfumes and they also leave the hands very soft. (Exclusive at Sephora)
- Merci Handy Love Hand Cream – I love the pocket size of every Merci Handy product that is why I have in every bag also a Hand Cream. Just like for the Cleansing Gels also these small hand creams come with different fragrances. (Exclusive at Sephora)
Winter Beauty Lip Care
- Dior Lip Sugar Scrub – A newly released lip care product that has become my favorite this winter. It gently scrubs your lips but you don’t need to wash it out as it self-vanishes leaving your lips soft, slightly colored and sweet.
- Too Cool For School Dinoplatz Lip Balm – First of all, I want to collect all the Too Cool For School beauty products because of their beautiful and cute packaging. Second, comes the love I have for their lip balms that moisturize, minimizing the look of fine lines and come in different shades. (Exclusive at Sephora)
- Sephora Lip Balm & Scrub Collection: Sephora has found a way to make me want to get 6 lip balms with different ingredients that serve different purposes: Coconut Lip Balm: Nurtures and soothes. Rose Lip Balm: Nurtures and imparts shine. Goji Lip Balm: Nurtures and protects. Tangerine Lip Balm: Nurtures and Tones. Almond Lip Balm: Nurtures and Moisturizes. Honey Lip Scrub: Exfoliates and smooths. My lips need them all.
- Dr.Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips – Not just a lip balm The Original Nipple Balm for Lips is a 100% natural skin moisturizer that can be used on the lips, nipples, cuticles, sunburns, baby rashes, scars and even eczema. As you can tell from the name, it was initially created for the sore nipples of breastfeeding moms and is one of the most natural and safest products of all. (Exclusive at Sephora)
- L’Occitane Solidarity Balm – L’Occitane has been working with women of Burkina Faso for over 30 years to produce the Shea Butter used within their products that is why the package comes designed with typical Burkina Faso patterns. 100% of the Solidarity Balm profits go to support women’s leadership in developing countries through the UN women Fund for Gender Equality. This is a multi-use balm, perfect to be carried in your bag and it nourishes lips, elbows and every other bit of dry skin.
Winter Beauty Face Skin Care
- Roger & Gallet Le Soin Aura Mirabilis – Nearly 300 years ago, monks created a powerful natural remedy called “Aqua Mirabilis” that could be drunk or applied to the skin for numerous properties. At the heart of the remedy, 18 distilled plants selected for their healing properties. Roger&Gallet now owns this formula and has brought this special skin care anti aging treatment to us through a 4 step routine : Extra Fine Cleansing Mask for makeup removal, a Beauty Vinegar with purifying properties that smooth the skin and eliminate dead cells, Double Extract restores the skin’s barrier while adding radiance and the final step with the Legendary Cream that boosts the skin’s radiance and texture.
- Eisenberg Paris Moisturising Fluid Cream – I use this fluid as a makeup base because it is light weight. It has all the ingredients for a young looking skin with Hyaluronic Acid, Evening Primrose, Macadamia Nut Oils, Vitamins A and E that fight the free radicals.
- Too Cool for School Egg Mellow Cream – When there is no time to go through a whole skin care routine the Egg Mellow Cream comes in with it’s 5-in-1 firming and moisturizing effect. It works as a serum, priming moisturizer, eye cream, neck cream, and sleeping mask in one. Sometimes we just get lazy, right?
- Sephora Pomegranate Micellar Cleansing Gel – This cleansing gel is part of a 3 Pomegranate Product line from Sephora that includes also cleansing wipes and cleansing cream.
- Skinfood Yuja Water Cream – I first must confess that I’m a sucker for every Korean beauty product that comes out. Sephora has decided to kill me by launching this 2017 even more Korean brands in the stores. The latest I’ve discovered is Skinfood and its Yuja Water Cream. The Yuja fruit is a kind of citrus that has a unique taste between a lime, lemon, orange and grapefruit. The cream contains yuja extract 30% and moisturizing yuja oil 18mg making it a great concentrate that coats with moisture the skin. (Exclusive at Sephora)
- Sephora Hydrating Gel Mask- This is a new ultra-hydrating mask in gel that melts into water when applied. The formula contains active ingredients such as samphire extract which, in combination with hyaluronic acid, moisturises the driest skin deep down.
- Too Cool for School Pumpkin 24 Carat Gold Mask – I was hoping this mask was golden so that I could be Instagram-cool applying gold all over my face but unfortunately this mask sheet is white. The good news is that even though it is a pumpkin mask it doesn’t smell like pumpkin at all. But the reason why this sheet mask wins over every other sheet mask I’ve tried is its adherence. I left it on for 20 min and it stayed put no problem. The effect was a calm and sooth skin. (Exclusive at Sephora)
Winter Beauty Body Skin Care
- Human + Kind Face, Body and Hair Oil – Whatever product is multipurpose will find its way on my beauty shelf. This oil is a total body moisturizer that absorbs rapidly and isn’t greasy. The long term use should also work in reducing the appearance of stretch marks and scars. (Exclusive at Sephora)
- La Prairie Cellular Energizing Body Spray – This is a unique treatment that I use more as an aromatherapeutic experience for my body. It has a fantastic energizing scent that comes from the oils of ruby red grapefruit, cardamom, and verbena. La Prairie doesn’t come cheap and we know it, but I see it as a little treat for myself.
- L’Occitane Milk Concentrate Firming & Smoothing Cream – Almond extracts and its creamy buttery texture make this body lotion one of my favorites. It is very thick so I recommend using it when you have some time to really massage your skin for better absorption.
- Khiel’s Light-Weight Body Lotion – This body lotion stays on my desk so that I can reapply it during the day. I find comfort in its light fragrance and is easily absorbed due to its light weight.
- L’Occitane Solidarity Soap – Every year on World Sight Day, L’OCCITANE sells a special soap to help raise funds to support the fight against avoidable blindness in developing countries. (Find out more)
- Bumble & Bumble Full Potential Shampoo, Conditioner, and Booster Spray for fuller and stronger hair. This is the perfect regimen for hair like mine which are thin and prone to breakage. Fortunately, I have wavy hair so you wouldn’t tell it is thin but it needs some hair product magic to get a thicker feeling. (Exclusive at Sephora)
- InvisiBobble is a special hair tie that leaves no marks when you are wearing it or after you wear it. It comes in a spiral shape and I have it in the transparent color so it won’t show. I mainly use them because you can tie your hair with no headaches, and it doesn’t break your hair when it is removed. (Exclusive at Sephora)
- Tangle Teezer is the famous detangling brush that works through both wet and dry hair. In winter all my efforts go to having no breakage in my hair and this helps. (Exclusive at Sephora)
- Aesop Rose Hair and Scalp Moisturising Masque Years and years of heating my hair with straighteners and I’m paying for it so this hair mask works great on brittle hair and also moisturizes the scalp that in winter need as much hydration as our skin.