Being a makeup lover and living in Italy sometimes is difficult. Beauty brands don’t launch here at the same time they launch everywhere else. Eventually, beauty brands start planning their Europe domination and we finally have access to them. For example, I still buy Carmex and Burt’s Bees products only in the UK, and a few years back I ‘d get NARS and Bourjois in Paris. On my trip to New York last year I managed to get my hands on Kat Von D’s products. Finally, starting from April 5th traveling for makeup shopping will be unnecessary as Kat Von D has finally arrived in Milan.
I love her products, brand philosophy and generally, I love her style. Like everyone else, I came to know her through her Tv Show LA Ink. Since then, I’ve been following her career in the beauty world.
There is no aspect of the makeup line that I have not been creatively involved with, and this is something that I am proud of. I take part in everything from product development, personally testing formulas, naming the shades, packaging design and artwork layout, to the lettering you’ll find on every fixture at Sephora! When I commit to being a part of something, my ultimate goal is to have an intention behind everything.– Kat Von D
- Kat Von D Studded Kiss lipstick – because everything started with 4 shades of red lipstick I love this makeup line’s red lipsticks. The Studded Kiss lipstick also has a special formula that gives both vibrant colors and is long-wear. It is also very lightweight and doesn’t crack or become dry even when the shade is more matte.
- Kat Von D Tattoo waterproof liquid liner – This product is one the most famous eyeliners out there. It is also Kat Von D’s favorite makeup product. She has stated many times that she is able to achieve up to 40 different looks just using a liner. I had my star tattoos done with this for the image above as well as the eyes. I find its high-pigmented waterproof formula to work very well and easy to apply. It is also easy to remove with eye makeup remover.
- Kat Von D Everlasting liquid lipstick – Initially, I’ve hated most of the liquid lipsticks’ formulas when they first came out. Most of the ones I was trying a few years ago were sticky and too shiny. While now, after discovering the matte finish liquid lipsticks I’m in love and use them every day, including the Kat Von D Everlasting liquid lipstick which stays true to its name.
- Kat Von D Lock-It setting powder – one of the lightest setting powders I’ve used. It has a lightweight formula that uses mica powders (mica is a silicate mineral) reducing the weight of this setting powder by 30 percent compared to other products. It gives a smooth finished look. Like all the other products from Kat Von D it is vegan, cruelty- and fragrance-free.
- Kat Von D Shade+ Light contour palette – because ‘contouring’ has become the main verb in beauty. I like the silky and smooth texture of the powders making them blend perfectly.
- Kat Von D Shade+light brush – the funny thing about this brush is that it comes in a case which pretty much resembles a coffin. The bristles are synthetic and soft but not very dense. It is a nice functional brush for highlighting and shading the face into your favorite Kardashian.
- Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer. – The name says it and the advertisement campaign of this concealer also features Kat Von D’s body tattoo-free. It works in covering dark circles and blemishes while covering also actual tattoos.